Friday, June 28, 2013

Will.i.am Denies Plans To Sue Pharrell Williams Over 'I Am' Branding


Will.i.am Denies Plans To Sue Pharrell Williams Over 'I Am' Branding

The Voice judge says he never had any intentions to file a lawsuit

Will.i.am has taken to Twitter to deny that he is planning to or ever had any intentions of suing Pharrell Williams over the alleged copyright of his 'I Am' branding.

The Voice judge was reported to have filed a lawsuit against 'Blurred Lines' hitmaker Pharrell this week over the 'I Am' logo, which is being used his new business venture and was described as “confusingly similar” to that of Will.i.am's.

However, former Black Eyed Peas star Will.i.am has now addressed the situation and denies that he is taking legal action against Pharrell.

“I.am not suing @Pharrell and I never was... what i.am doing is #iamangel TRANS4Ming inner cities with #STEAM tools,” will.i.am tweeted on Wednesday while also promoting his latest charitable projects.

He added: “i.am not suing @Pharrell & I NEVER WAS.. What i.am doing is... #iamSCHOLARSHIP sending kids to school debt free. go2 http://www.iamANGELfoundation.org.”


After reports of the lawsuit broke, Pharrell released a statement to Rolling Stones magazine, in which he branded the copyright allegations as “ridiculous.”

“I am someone who likes to talk things out and, in fact, I attempted to do just that on many occasions. I am surprised in how this is being handled and I am confident that Will’s trademark claims will ultimately be found to be as merit less and ridiculous as I do,” Pharrell told the publication.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...