Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pharrell Williams Sued By Will.I.Am Over 'I Am Other' Dispute

Pharrell Williams is being sued by Will.I.Am over the use of a 'confusingly similar', 'I Am' logo in his latest business venture, however the 'Blurred Lines' hitmaker dismissed the claims as 'ridiculous.'

Will.I.Am has reportedly argued that Pharrell's latest brand 'I Am Other' bears a strikingly similar resemblance to his own 'I Am' trademarked products. According to Rolling Stone magazine the 'Power' star has complained that the similar logos will cause confusion.

In a legal document obtained by the magazine its reads: "The registration of the mark... is likely to dilute the I AM mark and the WILL.I.AM mark,"

The Black Eyed Pea front man, who launched a camera for the iPhone last year named I AM+, claims to own the copyright to the phrase and insists the creative brand 'i am OTHER' will directly 'dilute' his ownership of the phrase.

Pharrell Williams has dismissed the lawsuit as 'ridiculous' (WENN)

However the N.E.R.D star is reportedly disappointed with the way will chose to go about the lawsuit.

In a statement to Rolling Stone the 'Blurred Lines' producer disputed The Voice judge's claims stating: "I am someone who likes to talk things out and, in fact, I attempted to do just that on many occasions. I am surprised in how this is being handled and I am confident that Will’s trademark claims will ultimately be found to be as merit less and ridiculous as I do."

Pharrell and Will.I.Am both share similar musical histories having both produced for the biggest names in pop music, such as Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake but their next run in at the studio may be slightly awkward.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...