Friday, June 14, 2013

My husband beats & treats me like his house maid, wife tells court



A housewife, Monsurat Ibrahim, on Thursday told an Ilorin Area Court that her husband, Tahiru, was fond of treating her like his house maid.

The 29-year-old woman, who is a resident of Niger Area, Ilorin, prayed the court to dissolve her two-year-old marriage to Tahiru, for allegedly maltreating her `like a maid’.

Monsurat told the court that her husband always shouts at her in public and as well as ran curses on her.

``My husband will at times beat me unnecessarily and lock me indoor till he comes back from work in the evening time,” she said.

She said their marriage, which was contracted in 2011, had yet to produce any child.

``My Lord, I want an end to this marriage because I’m tired of being enslaved by a man that does not have any respect for me,” said the complainant.

The defendant objected to the prayer of his wife, saying that he was still interested in the marriage.

``My wife is too lazy, that is why I handle her with iron hand; but I promise not to enforce anything on her as from today, because I still love her,” he said.

He prayed the court for an adjournment to enable him reconcile with his wife.

The presiding Judge, Mr Yusuf Abdulkareem, adjourned the case to July 3 for a report of settlement or continuation of hearing. (NAN)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...